History
1952

In 1952, Beijing College of Geology was established by merging the Geology departments of Peking University, Tsinghua University, Tianjin University, and Tangshan Railway Institute.

1960

The college was designated as one of the national key colleges and universities in 1960.

1970

In 1970, the college moved to Hubei and changed its name to Hubei College of Geology.

1974

In 1974, the college settled in Wuhan and was renamed Wuhan College of Geology.

1978

In 1978, Wuhan College of Geology set up the Beijing graduate department at the site of Beijing College of Geology.

1987

In 1987, the college adopted the current name - China University of Geosciences, and operated independently in Wuhan and Beijing, with headquarters in Wuhan.

2000

In February 2000, the affiliation of the university was transferred from the Ministry of Land and Resources to the Ministry of Education.

2006

In October 2006, the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Land and Resources entered a collaboration agreement on promoting CUG development.